Ready to adopt? Download and complete our adoption form.
- Be 18 years of age or older and have a valid photo ID.
- If you are a renter, be able to verify with your landlord that you may have the pet you are considering or if you own your own home provide proof with a property tax bill or through the County Assessor’s Office.
- Have all family members or roommates in the household agree to meet the pet prior to an adoption being approved.
- Have a fenced yard if you are adopting a dog.
- Meet any additional requirements for the specific pet you are interested in adopting.
- Potential adopters complete the WCGHS Adoption Application.
- Adoption Ambassador reviews application and a phone or in-person interview is conducted.
- A home visit may be made by WCGHS personnel to verify that the home meets the pet’s needs.
- Once an adopter is approved and the adoption fee is paid, a date and time is scheduled for the pet to leave the shelter to be welcomed into their new, loving home!
PLEASE NOTE: County and/or city animal licensing fees are not included.
|Up to 1 Years Old||$270||Kittens||$75|
|1 Year Old up to 4 Years Old||$200||Seniors||$40|
|4 Years Old up to 6 Years Old||$180||Special Needs||$40|
|6 Years Old up to 9 Years Old||$140||All Others||$60|
|9 Years Old and Up||$80|
We offer a 25% discount on the adoption of dogs for:
- Seniors 65 and up
Adoption Kits for Adopted Pets
Adopters receive a WCGHS Adoption Kit that includes:
Free first veterinary exam certificate, pet care information, and coupons from participating pet care retailers
We often include other items such as food samples, treats, toys, etc., when available.
Our pets go home with the BIG FOUR:
Spay/Neuter ~ Microchip ~ Vaccinations ~ Parasite control
All WCGHS cats and dogs go home with:
1. Having been spayed or neutered
2. Microchip implanted with a unique identifying ID
3. Current vaccinations
4. Parasite control treatment
100% Matchmaker Guarantee
At WGCHS, we get to know the personalities and needs of our animals, which helps us to better match them to appropriate families. Sometimes, however, unanticipated issues arise that make it impossible for the adoption to last. For this reason, we send every animal home with our 100% Matchmaker Guarantee. It is our assurance to you and your adopted pet that if you are not right for each other for any reason, we will welcome the animal back at any time.