WCGHS Adoption Appointments
WCGHS offers meet and greet appointments for families who are interested in adopting! If there’s a match, an adoption is finalized during the 30 minute meet and greet appointment with the pet.
To help eliminate overcrowding and minimize pet stress, WCGHS has moved to appointment-based services for all adoptions. This allows staff to maintain a steady workflow, and provide exceptional customer service for adopters. All adoption appointments require an application to be completed and approved prior to being scheduled.
On-site Meet & Greet Adoption Process
This process includes a 30 minute on-site meet and greet appointment at the shelter. During the appointment at the shelter, the adopter will be given the opportunity to meet with up to two adoptable pets.
Once the application is approved, a WCGHS team member will reach out by phone to schedule an on-site meet and greet appointment.
Meet & Greet
Adopters will need to arrive on time to the shelter for the 30-minute adoption appointment. Any appointment that is over 10 minutes late will need to be rescheduled.
Finalizing the Adoption
During the appointment a WCGHS team member will work with the adopter to finalize paperwork and payment prior to leaving the shelter.
Begin Your Journey to Dog Adoption
- Adopter must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid photo ID.
- Renters must provide a copy of their Renter’s Policy (or written letter from landlord) stating specific guidelines for what type of animals are permitted on the property.
- All members of the household must agree to the adoption and meet the pet prior to finalizing the adoption.
- You must meet any special requirements that have been set for the specific pet you are interested in adopting.
All WCGHS dogs go home:
- Spayed or neutered
- Vaccines current to age of pet
- Up-to-date on parasite control
- Free post-adoption vet appointment with WellHaven Pet Health
For a fee of $50 for dogs and puppies, adopters may place a 24 hour hold on an available animal after completing an application. This fee is non-refundable, but may be applied to the adoption fee if the applicant finalizes an adoption for the animal. Holds are only valid for 24 hours. Please note that paying a hold fee does not guarantee approval of the adoption application.
Up to 6 Months Old: $400 – $600*
7 Months to 2+ Years Old: $250 – $400*
3 to 6+ Years Old: $150 – $300*
7+ Years Old: $50 – $100
*Premium pricing may apply
PLEASE NOTE: We only accept cash and all major credit cards. County and/or City animal licensing fees are not included.
We offer a 15% discount on adoption fees for Dogs, to individuals who meet any of the following criteria:
Seniors – aged 60 and up