What is the adoption process?

To see our adoptable pets and submit an application visit wcghs.org/adopt

What is the adoption process for kittens?

What does Pre-Adoption mean and how do you snag one of our adorable kittens? 

    • Submit an application: wcghs.org/adopt
    • An application cannot be applied to a kitten until they are marked in Kitten Watch as available for Pre-Adoption or Adoption (Pre-Adoption means they are too young to go home with their new families).
    • Once the kitten(s) that you are interested in are posted as “Available,” it is your responsibility to contact the shelter to apply your application to that specific kitten(s). You can apply your application via phone call, email to adoptions@wcghs.org, or by commenting directly on the post.
    • Kittens are adopted to the first approved applicant who contacts WCGHS.
Do you accept open bags of food?

Yes, we do! If we can’t use it for our in-shelter pets, we can use it for our pet food pantry

What are your donation hours?

Our donation hours are Tuesday-Saturday 12:30pm until 5pm. After hour donations can be left inside the dog house in front of the dog shelter, but if a receipt is required, please make your donation during business hours.

How do I mail a donation?

You can mail donations to: PO BOX 270, Washougal WA 98671

Do you take donations of prescription medications?

Washington State regulations prohibit WCGHS from accepting donations of prescription medications

What spay/neuter low cost options do you have?
WCGHS does not currently offer low cost spay/neuter options. 
How do I surrender my animal?

Information on surrendering a pet can be found at wcghs.org/pet-surrender

Do you offer food assistance?

WCGHS supplies pet food support through our community Pet Food Pantry

Do you have a wishlist?

Yes! Please visit our Amazon Wishlist or Chewy Wish List

How can I become a volunteer?
To apply to volunteer, please visit: wcghs.org/volunteer 
How do I report animal cruelty or neglect?

You will need to file a report with Animal Control. For inside the city limits of Camas/Washougal, call non-emergency at 311 and ask to be dispatched to an animal control officer for Camas/Washougal. For outside the city limits of Camas/Washougal, call non-emergency at 311 and ask to be dispatched to Clark County Animal Control.

What do I do if I found a stray animal?

If you have found a stray dog or cat, please refer to our Lost and Found Page

I have a feral cat, what can you do to help me?

We offer rentable humane traps for trapping and transporting feral cats for TNR services. Our trap rentals require a $40.00 refundable, cash, deposit, and a $10.00 non-refundable weekly charge.

WCGHS does not offer services to rehome/relocate feral cats.

Ask A Question